South Sudan Africa News Liberty


English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish


March 7th 2018,Juba, South Sudan.Confidential report within the South Sudan SPLA army says, the government of South Sudan and the SPLA army have received the first consignment of weapons and military hard wears via Uganda. This came barely a month after the US, Trump administration has imposed armed embargo and restrictions of  military services on South Sudan. 

The report says the consignment was procured by the Ugandan government on behalf of the government of South Sudan. The identity of the company and the country that supplied it remain unknown, however, it is suspected the 23 full packed containers came from china, via the Port of Mombasa in Kenya. 

According to the report, the arrival of the 23 San Trailers in Nimule border town coincided with the day the head of state President Salva Kiir arrived Nimule on Saturday, 3 March. The source says the President visit to Nimule was used for him to personally inspect the weapons. The heavily deployment was to prevent civilian transports and trader's trucks from entering Nimule to conceal these cargos of death. According the military source in Nimule who spoke in condition of anonymity says on Saturday and Sunday all the vehicles rather than the 23 trailers carrying the military consignment were all granted to pack in Elegu at Ugandan side. 

The 23 convoy of military consignment were escorted by heavy SPLA army, part of the consignment was directed to Luri awaiting the upcoming graduation of National Security Service agents and elite tribal soldiers to be graduated in the next few weeks.  while according to the source part of the consignment was directed to Tonj awaiting another graduation of a batch of tribal elite forces. 

Therefore, the unexpected visit by President was use in pretext, as if he was paying tribute to his late wife, but the actual intention was to confuse the situation to draw away the public attention from seeing the unfamiliar trucks.  

Last month immediately after the Trump administration imposed armed embargo on South Sudan's government, President Museveni was quick to reassured his South Sudanese counterpart, President Salva Kiir about Uganda's unconditional support. Saying Kiir should not worry because Uganda will procure and do all shopping for Juba.  

This remark by Ugandan leader was immediately followed by  dispatched of First Deputy Premier Minister General Moses Ali, who was send to Juba with Presidential special letter, the content of Museveni's letter to Kiir remain unknown. Moses Ali did not give press conference till he left Juba, back to Uganda. 

If the report is true, this means the US imposition of armed embargo will not be translate into tangible achievement of saving lives on the ground unless further action is taken against both Juba and Kampala by international communities, Kenya too should not be spared as it allows its territories for smuggling of weapons. This has clearly confirmed that Uganda is fuelling the conflict in her northern neighbor. Museveni if not fit to act as peace broker in the conflict Resolution in South Sudan.Here two fo the IGAD members states colluded to get this consignment to Juba thus  the regional East Africa IGAD Bloc should handover the mediation effort to a third party because it has sided with the genocidal regime of Slava Kiir Mayerdit.


Justin S Kwaje



Overall Rating (0)

0 out of 5 stars
  • No comments found

Leave your comments

Post comment as a guest

0 / 3000 Character restriction
Your text should be in between 10-3000 characters